My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://teaandpolitics.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday 21 September 2010

West Bank: " I would do it again", says honor killer

Her 23-year-old sister was engaged to marry a Muslim but had an affair with a Christian. Khaled phoned a number she had noted down to discover it was a clinic for restoring women's virginity through surgery. So he "went mad, beat her and smashed her head against the wall". He spent only 6 days in jail and was never charged
"I don't say that I wish I hadn't killed her, but I say I wish she hadn't done that," he said.
"I am really sorry for what happened, but I think even if I'm in the same situation now after this experience and she does the same thing, I would kill her again."
"It wasn't my fault, and I haven't done anything wrong," he said.
"I overreacted but I don't think that it makes me deserve jail for a long time."
Found at The Astute Bloggers.

Background:
"Honor" Killings of women in Palestinian society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite. I don't usually erase any comment but I will do if:
1.- It's spam.
2.- You're trolling.
Thanks for leaving your comments.